Wednesday 13 February 2013

A good lesson to learn

I had such a great day yesterday - I had a proper cabochon-setting lesson with my great friend and regular "partner in design" mizgeorge, George Harper East. 

I have made a few cabochons recently (cough cough) and now I have a good idea of what to do with them!

I made the ring with the red and purple cab, George made the one with the lime centre so she could teach me the method, step by step.

Then I made this amazing pendant - isn't it just fantastic?!

I've been shopping this morning, buying up all the bits and pieces I need to make more rings and pendants at home.  

Ooh, I hope I can do anything like as good a job on my own!

If you'd like to learn to do pretty much anything in silver (or any other metal!), I can't recommend George's teaching enough.  She's patient, encouraging, has all the best designs and is crazy clever!

Oh, and of course, if you need cabs to set, there's a few to choose from in my Etsy shop ;0)  Or if you'd like to make your own cabs to set in your own ring, you might find my new eBook helpful too!



2 comments: