Thursday 19 January 2012

Tag!

I fell in love with this photo that popped up in my Flickr contacts by Russian artist, Sasha Kulakova, recently.

The simple shapes, the bright contrasting colours, so stylish and just crying out to be made in glass.  

Sasha was really pleased to have inspired me, so she took up the challenge and recreated my Poppin' Buttons

Wow!  Crochet?! Incredible!

I just couldn't leave it there though - Ring Toppers!




Playing Tag! like this has been brilliant fun, I'd love to hear if anybody else has been inspired across media in a similar way.

Do check out Sasha's photostream and blog, her work is beautiful.  I'm loving her stress relief cats and funky birds ... black, white, orange, mmmmmm ...

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic and a lovely read as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Julie I am loving this idea, will have to start looking to see what can be done in fused glass from other media!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sasha's creations are just amazing ! And that's a wonderful idea to make a challenge between you two.
    Love your ring toppers.
    Veronique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!!! Thank you for the post, Julie! :-)
    I'll repost it on my blog and facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab idea. So different yet so alike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have posted on my blog:
    http://sashakulakova.com/2012/01/19/tag-game/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, ladies, that's absolutely fantastic! Well noticed and good tandem!

      Delete
    2. Fantastic!

      And thank you so much for sending me the red brooch, its even more fabulous in real life!

      Delete
  7. What a great idea, really lovely work and stunning photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Julie
    Love your work. I really love the 3mm PVC colored tubes. Would you know where I could purchase some? I am from Canada and have never seen these before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bi deZign, thanks for your comment. I sell the tube on my website, here http://www.lushlampwork.co.uk/userimages/procart42.htm

    ReplyDelete